What is My-Lipo?
My-Lipo is a light emitting diode (LED) system specifically designed for Professionals to contour the body by losing inches in circumference from specific body areas (waist, hips, thighs, arms, neck). My-Lipo offers combinations of paddles and Slim Flexi-pads that are strapped directly to the fatty areas that are resistant to diet and exercise.
What is the action mechanism behind My-Lipo?
The light (635nm) emitted from My-Lipo causes the fat cell membranes to temporarily alter the shape and permeability of the cell. This brief change allows the Triglycerides (fats) to be broken down into fatty acids and glycerol that enter the blood stream via the lymphatic system.
What happens to the fat?
Once in the blood stream, several things may occur:
1. Some of the free fatty acids are readily available to be used as fuel by the body during exercise.
2. What is not consumed as energy will get to the liver where it will either be oxidized or re-processed for storage. It is unknown how much gets oxidized versus re-stored, but results suggest that fat does indeed get oxidized (no visible or measurable redistribution of fat in the treated areas)
What results can I expect?
Individuals have lost anywhere from two inches to six inches* over a course of treatments. To maximize the chances of your clients responding, three things are important:
1. As a rule, most clients are suitable; clients under medication or with any conditions listed in the contra indication guide should consult their doctor before treatment.
2. Hydration is critical. Drink plenty of water (ideally at least 8 glasses of 8 oz of water) spread out throughout the day. Diuretics (coffee, alcohol, etc.) are discouraged.
3. The lymphatic system should be mobilized. Post treatment exercise is essential. The client must be encouraged to be active and burn 350 calories every day during their choice of cardio exercise.
*Individual results vary and are not guaranteed.
How deep does My-Lipo affect fat cells?
Penetration depth is ¼ inch to ½ inch.
Who can operate the My-Lipo device?
As a class I device, My-Lipo can be operated by anyone in any state without the supervision of a medical professional.
How is My-Lipo different than liposuction?
Liposuction is an invasive procedure involving the mechanical removal of fat cells. By contrast, My-Lipo is completely non-invasive and only affects fat cells temporarily. My-Lipo does not compete with liposuction; it is simply a body shaping option available to clients who do not wish to undergo a surgical procedure.
Does My-Lipo help with loose skin and cellulite?
Anecdotal evidence suggests that clients undergoing My-Lipo have noticed an improvement in skin tone and texture.
Can My-Lipo cause cancer?
No. My-Lipo uses LED in the visible spectrum (635nm) to stimulate our cells to be more efficient and accelerate the rate of naturally occurring processes.